Join Our Team
Choose a Career with us.....
A career with the Association can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience. We offer on the job training and opportunities for continued development, along with a dynamic work environment.
1) The Fort St. John Association for Community Living is currently accepting applications for Support Workers.
Starting wage: $19.45/hr + 10.2% paid on all hours worked as casual/relief
All applicants will be required to complete an Association Application Form. You can download an application below.
- Assist individuals with developmental disabilities to participate in all aspects of community life.
- Provide a safe and home like environment for developmentally disabled adults.
- Provide assistance to individuals in daily living skills.
- Be available for scheduled shift work and on short notice.
- Work one on one and in a group setting.
- Maintain and adhere to strict confidential guidelines.
- Must have a BC Class 5 driver's license.
- Computer skills an asset.
- Willing and able to take ongoing education.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal records search.
Resumes can be sent to...
Fort St. John Association for Community Living
Fort St. John, B.C.
Only selected applicants will be contacted for further consideration.
Here are some testimonials from our employees:
" Makes you feel great knowing that you are helping other people"
" Working with the individuals and assisting them live their lives as independently as they can. I’ve always wanted to make a difference and seeing their smiling faces when they accomplish a task made me feel like I did make a difference"
"I love my job sooo much! I would have to say the people is what I enjoyed most. The individuals we support, watching them succeed and just being part of their lives. My co-workers were great to work with and I have made many friends over the years"
"I enjoy everything about this job. This is a job where you want to come to work, you feel safe, feels like home, always so positive emotions when you come to work, you never have to be scared of anyone or any questions as we are all family, we work together, everyone we support is amazing and it is worth every second just to see them living thier life to the fullest, happy and smiling"
"FSJACL has lots of trainings/seminars providing employee opportunities for growth and development and this is really awesome!"
"I enjoy all aspects of my job here at the FSJACL. I enjoy being a part an organization that concentrates on working on the betterment of the wellbeing of people with disabilities. I like being able to help the people we support to feel more independent, confident and self-sufficient. It feels good to try to educate people in the community about disabilities as many fear what they don't know or understand and can be very surprised just how much people with disabilities are capable of doing"
"I enjoy working collaboratively with other staff members to ensure that the indivdiuals we support are safe, happy and living thier fullest life possible"
2) The Fort St. John Association for Community Living is currently seeking Home Share/Respite Contractors.
Home Share Contractors welcome an individual into their home and offer a warm and inclusive living environment. Both parties are matched according to strengths, needs, experience, interests, personalities and more. We are looking for individuals and families who are committed to the values and principles of community living and who wish to provide a home that supports a person’s needs, goals and dreams.
This is a contracted position and will require an application process, home study, health and safety check along with training, a clear criminal record search and other applicable requirements.
The successful applicant would have full access to support from The FSJACL including professionals in the community.
If you are interested in Home Share, would like more information, or have any questions please contact:
Pat Taylor, Home Share Coordinator
250.787.9262 ext 224
3) The Fort St. John Association for Community Living is currently seeking an Executive Director
4) The Fort St. John Association for Community Living is currently seeking a Program Manager